Our focus is on ideas, innovations and technologies in Memphis’ existing economic strengths –logistics and emerging technologies, healthcare and bioscience, agriculture, as well as the information and software technology that enables those sectors – all with an end goal to improve health care, save lives, and improve quality of life.
To date, Bioworks’ entrepreneurship initiatives have resulted in:
- $100M in private and public funding managed
- Over $60M invested in startup companies, attracting over $70M in external capital
- Total medical device, life science, technology and agriculture entrepreneurs served near 400
- Over 100 companies participating in the Bioworks network of services, accelerators programs, pre-clinical and investment services
- 60 companies supported and more than 800 jobs created
- More than $50 million in revenue generated annually (Innova and Bioworks Business Incubator portfolio companies)